Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pinsomnia

Yes, I have it. Pinsomnia. The condition where you can't sleep so you go spend way too much time on Pinterest pinning a million different things. Looking at all of the yummy recipes makes me hungry and often I am tempted to run to the kitchen for a midnight (and 2 am, 3 am, 4am, you get the point) snack. Thank goodness I don't or I would need to buy a whole new bigger wardrobe. Anyway, I wanted to share some of the recipes that I have found on there and that we have tried and loved:
1) http://youngmarriedchic.com/2011/10/southern-style-pecan-pie/ - My husband (being from the South) considers himself a connoisseur of Pecan Pie. After all, it is a Southern staple. After 1 bite of this pie, he declared it "officially the best pecan pie" he has EVER had. That is saying something. I changed things a bit. I used 4 Tbsp. of butter instead of two, because I like a more buttery taste and I used dark corn syrup instead of light. It helps give it a rich flavor.
2) http://kitchenconfidante.com/if-you-cant-stand-the-heat-part-ii - I'm not a big pork fan. Never have been. But this was delicious. The pork was so tender and juicy and the balsamic vinegar mixed with the garlic... words fail me. Just try it. That's all I can say!!
3) http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mexican-chicken-casserole-10000000223124/ - This was quick and easy, and a crowd pleaser. Lots of flavor which is shocking because it's a "light" recipe!

Well, that's all I'll share for now because I don't want this post to get too long and I can't give away all of my secrets at once! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!

1 comment: